Student Honorary Coach Program
The UNM Dean of Students office and UNM Athletics have partnered to bring UNM students an opportunity to become an honorary coach during selected games. Each home game, one student will be selected to participate as an honorary coach. Students will be selected based on their academic success, campus leadership, lobo spirit and involvement with the UNM community.
The student honorary coach will
- Tour Davalos Center and Basketball facilities
- Behind the scenes tour of the athletic facilities (Football)
- Pre-game introduction
- Field access
- View pregame warm-up
- Half time meal (Football)
- Attend post-game press conference (Football)
- Must hold a 3.0 GPA or above.
- Provide one letter of reference that demonstrates UNM involvement, academic success, leadership, and lobo spirit.
- Provide a letter of purpose explaining their academic success and campus leadership
- Demonstrate involvement with UNM community and lobo spirit
- 1 letter of reference
- Statement of purpose
- September 29, 2015 by 5PM for Lobos v. NMSU (October 3rd, 2015)
Please submit your application to Leonel Diaz Jr., Coordinator of Student Leadership and Engagement at email@example.com or drop off at the Dean of Students office, UAEC Room 281.